The main ingredients are gelatin, sugar, and liquid.
Gelatin is a product derived from collagen obtained from animals, commonly used as gelling agent in food. It is used in most gummy candies, cheesecakes, marshmallows, ice-cream, yoghurt, etc.
The gelatin we use is often from a beef source, occasionally from fish, and very rarely from goat. All of them are from halal source.
We are currently not halal-certified, though our cafe menu remains pork-free and the ingredients we use are from halal source.
Yes, in fact we have contacted a halal-certification consultant and spoken to Jakim personally. The reason why we are not able to proceed with the certification is because of one of our main products, Stout Marshmallows. As one of the first few flavours we have had since the beginning of our business, it’s been one of the favourites among our regulars. With another option left is to create a completely different business entity and production facility for this purpose, it is just not feasible for a small business like ours at the moment.
We, however, do understand the concern on this, and have been working on making sure our production facility is as up to the standard as possible in other areas. Currently ingredients for stout marshmallows are stored separately, and besides the need to wipe and clean our equipment and tools in between flavours during production due to the sticky nature of marshmallows, we also place stout marshmallows to be worked on at the very end to further avoid any possible contamination.
For your reference, marshmallows-making involves cooking of liquid and syrup to at least soft-ball stage (112 – 116 C) for about 20 minutes.
At room temperature:
➤ Rose, Stout marshmallows – approx 40 days from date of production.
➤ Pandan+Salted Gula Melaka Marshmallows – approx 50 days from date of production.
➤ Vanilla, Chocolate, Lemon, Passion Fruit, Salted Caramel marshmallows – approx 80 days from date of production.
Marshmallows can also be stored in the refrigerator for longer shelf life. Marshmallows stored in the refrigerator will be slightly chewier.
We currently run marshmallows production on a weekly basis according to our weekly forecast. In all cases, for orders with marshmallows, we will not include stocks with shelf life shorter than 1 week.
As all our marshmallows are handmade in small batches using fresh/natural ingredients, they can sometimes be a little different when it comes to the texture. Different batches of gelatin may also contribute to the difference in texture.
Our marshmallows should be stored in air-tight container, in a cool and dry place. It is possible to store in the refrigerator for longer shelf life. Marshmallows stored in the refrigerator will be slightly chewier.
Our marshmallows are perfect for eating on their own, or they can be dunked into your favourite beverages for the extra ooomph. Once dunked, they melt away into a layer if foam, leaving an aromatic flavour to your drinks. And then of course, you can toast them and enjoy an ooey-gooey s’more!
While we’d always encourage you to be adventurous, here are some of our personal favourites:
- vanilla marshmallows with coffee, hot cocoa, malt drinks (eg: Milo), matcha latte, or milk.
- chocolate marshmallows with coffee or milk.
- lemon marshmallows with coffee, tea, or matcha latte.
- passion fruit marshmallows with milk, hot cocoa, malt drinks (eg: Milo), or matcha latte
- rose marshmallows with tea, milk, or hot cocoa.
- stout marshmallows with Milo, milk or coffee.
- salted caramel marshmallows with coffee, hot cocoa, malt drinks (eg: Milo), matcha latte, or milk.
In all cases, make sure your beverage is sugar-free as marshmallows will add sweetness to your drink. Depending on personal preference, we recommend dunking one or two cubes into an 8oz beverage.
We currently accept:
– credit / debit card (Visa and Mastercard), local bank transfer (FPX), and e-wallets (GrabPay and Boost) through Mobi.
Instructions will be provided during checkout.
order / shipping / local delivery / self pick-up
There are currently 4 ways we ship/deliver your order, depending on your location and address:
- Self pick-up: For picking up your order on your own or with your own arrangement at our Cafe@Bellisa Row, Penang. Generally 2-day lead time is required to ensure we have what you need. If you need something on the same day, send us a WhatsApp message to check on availability first.
- Penang island delivery: For addresses within Penang island. Generally 2-day lead time is required. Free for order above RM60, or flat rate of RM5 for order below RM60*. Please specify preferred date during checkout.
- Penang island same-day delivery: Lalamove service can be arranged for same day delivery (Lalamove delivery fee applies). Send us a WhatsApp message to check on stock availability and provide us with your delivery address for a quote on delivery fee. Your order will then be placed directly through our cafe, and a QR code will be provided through WhatsApp for payment.
- Courier service: For addresses in the rest of Malaysia (excluding Penang island)
Peninsular Malaysia: Free for order above RM100, or flat rate of RM8 for order below RM100.
Sabah & Sarawak: Free for order above RM150, or flat rate of RM13 for order below RM150
Yes you can! Select ‘Self pick-up at Cafe@Bellisa Row’ during checkout, and indicate your preferred pickup date. We’ll have your order ready for you to pick up. Lead time for all local pick-ups and deliveries is usually 2 days. If you need to have your order picked-up on short notice, please send us a WhatsApp message to check on availability. For your reference our cafe operates from 8am-6:30pm daily.
Currently we offer delivery within Penang island either by our team or by Lalamove.
– Delivery by our team generally needs 2-day lead time (excluding Monday) and is free for order above RM60 or at a flat rate of RM5 for order below RM60. Key in your postcode in basket to make sure your area is covered.
– Delivery by Lalamove (Lalamove fee applies) can be arranged for same-day delivery, and is subject to stock availability. Send us a WhatsApp message to check on stock availability and provide us with your delivery address for a quote on delivery fee. Your order will then be placed directly through our cafe, and a QR code will be provided through WhatsApp for payment.
Penang island delivery time: Usually in between 10am – 6pm, depending on our workload and route to cover. We will contact you prior to sending your order. Orders for Penang island delivery will not be in foam boxes.
All orders with marshmallows to other parts of Malaysia (excluding Penang island) will be shipped in foam boxes or insulated carton boxes.
Peninsular Malaysia (except for covered areas under Penang island delivery, see above):
Flat rate of RM8 for orders below RM100 and
FREE for every order of RM100 and above
Sabah and Sarawak:
Flat rate of RM13 for orders below RM150 and
FREE for every order of RM150 and above
We usually ship via either GDex, J&T or PosLaju to all locations in Malaysia.
To ensure that your orders do not spend the weekend/holiday at the courier service’s warehouse, we currently only ship on:
- Mondays (for immediately available stocks),
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays (our usual production/packing days), and
- occasionally on Thursdays and Friday, depending on product availability.
We DO NOT ship orders with marshmallows on eve of public holidays. In all cases, we will update the status of your order within 1-2 days via email. Do check your junk mailbox if you don’t hear from us, or contact us if there’s still nothing in your junk mailbox. Currently our courier partners usually take about 1-3 working days (Monday-Saturday) to deliver to most locations in Peninsular Malaysia, and approximately 3-5 working days (Monday-Saturday) to Sabah and Sarawak. We will not be able to take responsibility on any possible custom delays or inspections for deliveries to Sabah and Sarawak.
We currently do not provide gift wrapping service. All orders with marshmallows will however be shipped in foam boxes / insulated carton boxes.
Under normal circumstances you can reschedule with the courier service to have the parcel delivered to you again on a day that you’re available. However due to the nature of our product, we highly recommend that you make sure someone can be around to sign for the package after you have placed your order. If there’s a certain day that you’ll be away, please leave us a note during checkout so we can try to adjust our ship-out date to accommodate. Do take note that as courier service is out of our control, we won’t be able to promise on exact delivery day and time.
It means the item is currently unavailable but will be restocked soon. we replenish our stocks regularly and usually will have an item back on the shelf within 3 days. we will contact you in case we need more time to replenish the stocks.
You can also get some of our products at:
Ben’s Independent Grocer (B.I.G)
– Publika Solaris Dutamas
– Bangsar Shopping Centre
– Ikano Power Centre
– The LINC KL
– Plaza Batai (selected cookies only)
– The Stories, Bukit Tunku
– The Five @ KPD
– Arcoris @ Mont Kiara
Yes we do! Price will depend on your requirements (eg: quantity, flavour, what to include in a pack, any special printing, etc). Typically for marshmallows, minimum order is 100 cubes per flavour (can be one or several cubes per pack). Check out our range in Special Occasions or write to us and let’s start talking!
While flavour customisation (for flavours NOT in our current range) is possible, do take note that it will involve R&D sessions which can range from one to several sessions in order to get things right. It will also take time to determine the estimated shelf life, and all of these will incur additional charges on your end. As such we typically advise that you pick from our current range of flavours unless you have a certain specific theme to adhere to and are ready for the extra cost that may incur.